The New York State Public Health Association's Board of Directors is comprised of fifteen elected positions of public health professionals from around New York State. Board members include academic professors, health educators and administrators and community agency executive directors as well as a public health student representative.
Nominations to the Board of Directors are accepted yearlong. Vacant positions are filled as needed and other positions are elected at the Annual Meeting (typically held in April) and take office on July 1.
Board members are expected to participate in 75 percent of Board meetings/calls and to actively participate in at least one committee. Current committees include membership, event planning and advocacy.
Qualifications to apply for board membership include:
- Public health work experience or current public/community health or medical graduate student
- A current NYSPHA membership in good standing (join HERE)
- A vested interest in improving the health of New Yorkers
- Ability to commit a minimum of one hour a week to the organization
How to apply:
- Applications are accepted year round
- Please complete the form below
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions