New York State Public Health Association
2018 Annual Meeting
Invitation to Submit Presentation Proposal
The New York State Public Health Association (NYSPHA) invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 68th Annual Meeting and Conference to be held April 19-20, 2018 at The Gideon Putnam Resort in Saratoga Springs, New York. The Annual Meeting is a one-of-a-kind event in NYS where public health professionals from all settings can engage in public health learning opportunities designed to enhance personal growth and renewal as well as to benefit the communities we all serve.
Presenting a session provides an opportunity for you to share your expertise with public health professionals on a variety of current and emerging issues while building a rich networking community.
Presentations are encouraged that address innovative interventions, best practices and achievements. We are now accepting abstracts for presentations on the following topic areas:
Other areas of public health may also be submitted but priority will be given to those meeting the above topic areas.
Available formats include roundtable discussions, “hot topics” panel presenter and plenary session presentation. Please select your preferred presentation format(s) during submission.
How to Submit
All concurrent sessions proposals must be submitted online via our abstract submission website at www.OpenConf.org/nyspha Submissions must be made by 11:59 PM on November 30, 2017.
Individuals may submit a multiple person panel, not exceeding four presenters, but must have one lead presenter for each proposal.
The following must be included in the proposal:
• Name of each presenter with highest academic degree and institutional affiliation listed for each.
• Full contact information for corresponding presenter (address, phone, affiliation and email) and brief bio for each presenter.
• Presentation title (short, descriptive).
• Presentation description (no more than 350 words; be detailed so the review committee has as much information as possible to best evaluate your program; address evidence-based methods and how the program promotes attendance).
• Abstract/Program Book Listing (100-125 words; concise and accurate; describe and “sell” the program to conference attendees).
• Three learning objectives written in measurable terms.
Please indicate your preferred presentation format(s). You may select more than one option:
Proposals must be received by 11:59 PM on November 30, 2017. Notification of acceptance or rejection of proposal will be sent to the corresponding author on or by December 30, 2017. Authors may also login to www.OpenConf.org/nyspha to view proposal status and reviewer comments.
All presenters wishing to attend the full conference must register. Presenters will be allowed to register at a discounted rate upon notification of proposal acceptance.
If we can address any questions or assist you in any way, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (518) 427-5835.
Please share this information with anyone you think may also be interested in submitting a proposal.
Click HERE to download these directions as a PDF.